Naturalization Hearings are usually held each month as follows:
New Haven Second Friday Hartford First Friday Bridgeport Third Friday
Taking pictures in the courtroom is the discretion of the presiding judge or magistrate judge. Questions concerning photographing ceremonies should be directed to the courtroom deputy.
For Verification of Citizenship
For verification of citizenship or to request a replacement certificate, you must contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) directly. See their website for more information at (http://www.uscis.gov).
To Request a Copy of a Citizen’s Name Change Petition
Naturalized between 1906 through 2015
Citizens Naturalized in Bridgeport, Hartford or New Haven between the years above may request a copy of their name change form from the facility that maintains our permanent records, which is:
Request should include:
- Your name and a daytime contact phone number;
- Citizen's prior name and new name (if applicable);
- Date of naturalization;
- Location of naturalization ceremony. (Hartford, Bridgeport, or New Haven)
- Alien registration number or naturalization certificate number, if possible.
You will be notified of charges and can make payment arrangements directly with the center. For additional information on naturalization records go to the National Archives Website.
Naturalized between 2016 to current
Citizens Naturalized in Bridgeport, Hartford or New Haven between the years above may request a copy of a name change form by contacting the Clerk’s Office where the ceremony was held:
- New Haven: 203-773-2140
- Bridgeport: 203-579-5861
- Hartford: 860-240-3200
A clerk can inform you if the name change form is still located with the Court or if it has been transferred to the Federal Records Center (FRC) in Waltham MA.
- If it is in the Clerk’s Office, we can provide you copies at .50 cents per page with a written request.
If it is at the FRC, you will need to submit a written request to the Clerk’s Office for the document be Smart Scanned from the FRC. The fee for this request includes:
- A $10.00 Smart Scan fee,
- A $9.90 fee to pull and re-file records, and,
- A $.65 per page for FRC copies.
- The Clerk’s Office will contact you with the final total for your request. Upon receipt of the fee, the document will be sent to you.
- Naturalized between 1906 through 2015
For Office Use:
|Bridgeport Records 1/1/16-12/31/22||Accession 021-2022-0281|
|Bridgeport Records April 2015, 1/1/8-12/31/00||Accession 021-2022-0013|
|Hartford Records 1/1/16-12/31/20||Accession 021-2022-0009|
|New Haven Records 1/1/16-9/30/21||Accession 021-2022-0017|